Open the email that has this information
===== Log into site using ABCInc.com/wp-admin =====
In the dashboard, open all installed plugins. Install the Wordfence Security Plugin (By WordFence)
- Change WordFence settings (left Menu)
- Add admin Email address (uncheck newsletter)
- "No Thanks" to Premium API code
- WordFence|General WordFence Options: Check Automatically Update Word fence
- WordFence|General WordFence Options: Check Hide WordPress version
- WordFence|General WordFence Options: Confirm admin email address for notifications
- Save Wordfence Changes (Green Button Upper Right Corner)
Advance Options: Login Security Options Changed lockouts from 20 to 2 attempts Enable "Immediately lock out invalid usernames" Add admin and the domain names to "Immediately block the IP of users who try to sign in as these usernames" Save Wordfence Advance settings
Remove Akismit and Hello Dolley
Change recommended WordPress settings:
- In Settings|General: Change Time Zone to "New York"
- In Settings|General: Confirm that "Anyone can register" is unchecked
- Save Changes w/Green button
- In Pages|Add New: Add page titled "Home." Add ipsum conent.
- Publish Page
- In Settings|Reading:: Change "Your home page displays" to a static page.
- In Settings|Reading:: Change "For each article in a feed, show" from Full text to Summary
- In Settings|Reading:: Check the box "Discourage search engines from indexing this site"
- Save Changes
- In Settings|Discussion: Check [_] Users must be registered and logged in to comment for "Other comment settings."
- Save Changes
- In Settings|Permalinks: Change to anything other than default (i.e. example.com/?p=123)
- Save Changes
- Theme File Duplicator by John Sschwab
- Contact Form 7 by Takayuki Miyoshi
- Child Themify by John Bloch, then activate
- Only if you want SEO: Yoast SEO by Team Yoast
- If you installed Yoast, then configure:
- In SEO|General|Features: Make sure they are all turned on
- In SEO|General|WebMaster Tools: Install Webmaster Verification codes
- In SEO|Search Console|Settings: Get Google Authorization Code
- Set up accounts (WinningWP Video opens in a new tab):
- Google.com/Webmasters and
- Analytics.Google.com (You may need to install the plugin "Google Analytics for Wordpress by Monsterinsights" to authenticate the account
- Install the GeneratePress Theme
- Create a GeneratePress-child Theme
- Install the Weaver Xtreme Theme
- Create a Child weaver-xtreme-child Theme
- Deactivate the child theme
- Install the 3 recommended Weaver Xtreme plug-ins
Go back to cPanel and uploaded the child theme snapshot.png image from my PC
Change the front page from a blog to a static page...
Let The Fun Begin!!!
...finally, it's time to begin building the website:
===== Post Build: Log into site using ABCInc.com/wp-admin =====
When you site is built:
- In Settings|Reading:: Uncheck the box "Discourage search engines from indexing this site"